Clarity. The lack of it creates chaos and frustration. Those emotions are poison to any living goal, dream, or desired result. I fight to help people gain total clarity of what they want because without it most strategies and activities won’t get you to where you want to go.
Here are five things to help you when you are trying to gain total clarity of your desired results or dreams:
- Clarity takes a general idea and makes it very specific. Without being specific about what you want you leave yourself open to a wide range of results. For example, if you desire to increase your performance it isn’t enough to say, “I want to sell more.” That is not specific enough. Total clarity takes a statement like, “I have sold 15 units in the last 30 days. I want to sell 25 units in the next 30 days. Do you see how the latter statement was far more specific? Try it out and get very specific on what you want to accomplish in the week ahead.
- Gaining total clarity takes effort. It takes thinking and reflection time. It takes not only actions but it takes the right actions. Give yourself an hour in the days ahead and put the effort into gaining total clarity in what you want in the week ahead and you will give yourself an opportunity to change and improve your results.
- Gaining clarity will affirm your purpose. It will give you a “why” to your actions and move you forward.
- Clarity helps you determine your priorities. Without priority you will be caught doing whatever comes your way. Here are 3 great questions to help with priority:
What is required of me?
What gives me the greatest return?
What gives me the greatest reward?
5. Clarity can give you direction and motivation. When you become more clear on your desired results hopefully it gets you excited to do the things you need to do.
If you feel like you need help gaining clarity of what you want in the week, month(s), or year ahead it helps to have a different perspective. Perspective is one of the hallmarks of what a Coach can give you. If you would like help gaining clarity; a specific vision, the effort required, a definiteness of purpose, priority, as well as direction and motivation, sign up for a free coaching session and let me help you.
To your success and more WOOHOOing great results!