I have facilitated and been a part of numerous mastermind groups over the last several years. I have seen countless “aha” moments, seen real transformation and growth in others, and have experienced significant growth myself. These groups have changed peoples lives and helped them to become more successful in business.
So what is a Mastermind Group?
Mastermind groups offer a combination of brainstorming, education, peer accountability and support in a group setting to sharpen your business and personal skills.
Participants challenge each other to set powerful goals, and more importantly, to accomplish them. The group requires commitment, confidentiality, willingness to both give and receive advice and ideas, and support each other with total honesty, respect and compassion. Mastermind group members act as catalysts for growth, devil’s advocates and supportive colleagues. This is the essence and value of mastermind groups.
My role in the Mastermind Group is to keep everyone on task, provide the curriculum for the education, facilitate the discussions, and add value whenever possible. As a member of the John Maxwell Speaking, Coaching, Training Team, I have been trained in the art of facilitating a powerful growth oriented process for all participants.
What a Mastermind Group is not:
- It’s not a class. While I will speak and teach occasionally, the main focus of a mastermind group is the brainstorming and accountability support among the group members.
- It’s not group coaching. Mastermind groups are about the MEMBERS sharing with each other, not about the Facilitator coaching individuals in a group setting. You get everyone’s feedback, advice and support. Yes, I as the Facilitator, am an expert on the topic and will chime in on occassion. But my goal is to keep the conversation balanced between all members.
- It’s not a networking group. While you may share leads and resources with each other, it is not the main focus of the meetings. However, through your connections with other members, you will find plenty of joint venture opportunities, lead sharing, and professional networking.
How are the Mastermind Groups run?
- One hour business meetings. We will always start and stop on time as I value your time.
- No food. Drinks are ok but food is a distraction
- After the first week there will be weekly reading assignments that you will need to commit to
- Apply what you are learning to your work and your life and come prepared to discuss results
- No role playing. This is about being real and coming both with your joys and your struggles so you can grow
- Be respectful of others
- Be prepared and engage in the conversation
- Have fun!
Why you should join a Mastermind Group?
Have you reached your potential personally or professionally yet? If your answer is no, as I think it might be, then a Mastermind Group is a great way to start your growth process from where you are now to where you want to be. And as you grow your potential keeps increasing.
Another compelling reason to join a Mastermind Group is to develop skills you are missing and learn new ideas from others in the group.
What topics do we cover in Mastermind Groups?
- 15 Laws of Growth
- Good Leaders Ask Great Questions
- Today Matters (identifying priority in each day and getting more done, time/activity management)
- How to become a person of influence
Ready to get started by joining a Mastermind Group? WOOHOO! Select one from the options below!