Most of us want more and better results in our businesses but don’t take ownership and responsibility for those desired results. So why is it that we often don’t achieve those big results? Well, for starters we have built in excuses. The 3 most common excuses I come across when meeting with people are as follow:
- Big results don’t happen to ordinary people like me. The excuse doesn’t always come out in those exact words but that is what they are saying and that is what others are hearing.
- “I am so far away from the results I want I just can’t ever see achieving them and the work to get there seems so hard!” Reality is, with life expectancy getting longer with medical advancements, we all have plenty of time to achieve our dreams and desired results in business.
- “Now is not the right time!” When is ever the right time? That is just an excuse that puts higher priority on something else. We are all going to have 24 hours each day and now is a perfect time to go after our desire results for our business and life!
Here are 5 ways you can take ownership and personal responsibility for you and your results and start to achieve more WOOHOOing:
- Bet on yourself!
- Lead your life instead of accepting your life. Take a course, learn about leadership. Apply what you learn and grow into the results you desire. Hire a coach to help you!
- Do what you love and love what you do. Know your why and find your passion and chase it vigorously.
- Don’t compare yourself or your results to others. You desired results are yours. It does you no good to look at others and where they are at on their journey. Just know where you are at on your journey and assess your next steps and take the proper action on them.
- Believe in your future and desired results even if others don’t. A few thoughts here; eliminate your own negative self talk and replace it with positive “I am statements”, surround yourself only with lifters, encouragers, helpers, and supports of your desire results, and create beliefs that support your future.
I hope you found this helpful. I want to support and encourage you to take ownership and responsibility for your desired results and go achieve them! To your success and more WOOHOOing in your business and life!